NON-VIOLENT COMMUNICATION ANALYSIS
PART II: Non-Violent Communication Analysis Paper (100 pts)
Now that your Human Rights Issue Analysis is complete, your team will be demonstrating HOW to help diminish human rights violations in your region by applying Non-Violent Communication strategies to your human rights issue. Please be sure you include the following information in your analysis:
1) Background information: Please select and summarize elements from your Human Rights Issue Analysis to provide needed background information about the region, history, culture, and people (perpetrators and victims) involved in the human rights violations.
2) Briefly mention the three main human rights violations occurring in your selected region.
3)Apply the Non-Violent Communication Model (Observation, Feelings, Needs, Requests) from the perspective of the perpetrators AND victims involved in the human rights violations
a) Observation: Identify the documented facts associated with the human rights violations (who and how many people are affected, who and how many people are committing the violations, etc.
b) Feeling: Describe the feelings both the perpetrators and victims have in this situation. Use the “feelings” list from the NVC book/website to identify how each group “feels” based on what they are “observing”.
c) Needs: Identify the needs of both the perpetrators/victims. What “need(s)” is/are not being fulfilled. You can link the “needs” to the 3 human rights violations your team identified, for example, the right to free speech, or the right for shelter, or the right to education.
d) Requests: Provide a description of what you think each group (perpetrator/victim) is “requesting”. What are some of the proposed solutions that would help alleviate or eradicate the human rights abuses.
4) Please conclude by discussing what your team learned about intercultural communication by completing this assignment.
Go into Google Drive and please complete the following steps:
1) Open up the shared folder. You will be able to submit/save ALL your documents for this project in this folder.
2) Have one person create a document and call it NON-VIOLENT COMMUNICATION ANALYSIS: TEAM X REGION X. Save this document in the folder. All members will workcollectively on this ONE document.
3) Each person on the team will be required to write a minimum of 500 words and post a minimum of 3 comments to assist in editing the paper (each team member will be represented by adifferent color).
4) Your final paper should have a cover page identifying your a) The Title of the Project and Region; b) Team number and name of all participants; c) the paper should look like one person wroteit.
5) Please include a minimum of 5 sourcesand use APA style formatting for in text citations and for your reference page.
6) Only ONE team member needs to submit the completed paper to MOODLE and TURNITIN.COM
Please cite ALL your sources using APA citation format. (minimum 5 academic research sources required)